How to change Themes and Branding in Salesforce
Salesforce provides a way to change the theme and branding on lightning platforms. Themes are made up of background image and colors. These elements combine to give us granular control of the appearance and structure of each page in our Salesforce lightning. Themes are all about the look and feel of your Salesforce lightning.
Step 1: Go to Setup —–>User Interface —–>Sites and Domains —->Theme and Branding (In Lightning).
Step 2: Click New Theme button.
Step 3: Enter a Theme Name and Description. If you need to change the brand image click on the Brand image box and choose the image.
Step 4: If you need to change the brand color (button, button letters, etc…) click brand color and choose the color as you need and click done.
Step 5: If you need to change the background color click Page Background under color section and choose the color as you need and click done.
Step 6: If you need to change the header color click Global Header Background under color section and choose the color as you need and click done.
Step 7: If you need to use link color same as the brand color, check the Use brand color or choose the color on Brand-Based Color Palette.
Step 8: If you need to change the background image, click upload on Page Background Image under image section and choose the image.
Step 9: After completing the branding, click Save.
Step 10: After Save click on Activate button to activate the theme.
Keep these considerations in mind when working with themes:
- Only one theme can be active at a time, and a theme applies to your entire org.
- By default, orgs use the built-in Lightning Blue theme.
- You can create up to 300 custom themes, but you can’t modify or clone the built-in themes provided by Salesforce.
- Themes don’t apply to Salesforce Classic or to mobile.
- Chatter External users see the built-in Lightning Blue theme only.
- Even if you haven’t selected the option to override themes in the App Manager, your app’s brand image and color always override the Lightning Lite and Lightning Blue themes.