Use profiles to lock down your data so that external users see only what you want them to see. You certainly don’t want to give access to malicious users. A user who appears to be a customer can be a reaver (or, as they say on Earth, a hacker) in disguise. Profiles help prevent that from happening.
- Got to Setup and Enter “Communities“
- Select All Communities
- Click Workspaces in the community. Here we are choosing our customer community.
- From Community Workspaces, select Administration.
- select Members.
- Under Select Profiles, from the dropdown list, select All.
- In the list of Available Profiles, locate the Customers profile and then click Add to add it to Selected Profiles.
- Click Save
Salesforce takes a couple of minutes to update membership for your community. You receive an email confirmation.