Salesforce Sites enables you to create public websites and applications that are directly integrated with your Salesforce organization—without requiring users to log in with a username and password.
To set up a Salesforce Site:
- From Setup, enter Sites in the Quick Find box, then select Sites.
- Register a custom Salesforce Sites domain for your organization.
- Create and configure your site.
- Develop and use Visualforce pages for your site, use or hide standard pages, and customize or replace out-of-box error pages. Associate these pages with your site.
- Choose a site template. Use the lookup field to find a template that you’ve developed, or use the provided template. The site template provides the page layout and style sheet for your site and overrides any formatting inherited from the associated portal.
- Enable a portal for login or self-registration, then associate it with your site.
- Optionally, modify public access settings.
- When you are ready to make your site public, click Activate on the Site Details page. You can also activate your site from the Site Edit and Sites pages.
This blog is very useful to learn about Salesforce sites.