Follow the below steps to Import data using Data Import Wizard.
- Start the wizard.
- From Setup, enter Data Import Wizard in the Quick Find box, then select Data Import Wizard.
- Review the information provided on the welcome page, then click Launch Wizard!
- Choose the data that you want to import.
- To import accounts, contacts, leads, solutions, person accounts, or campaign members, click Standard Objects. To import custom objects, click Custom Objects.
- Specify whether you want to add new records to Salesforce, update existing records, or add and update records simultaneously.
- Specify matching and other criteria as necessary. Hover over the question marks for more information about each option.
- Specify the file that contains your data.
You can specify your data file by dragging the CSV to the upload area of the page or by clicking the CSV category you’re using and then navigating to and selecting the file.
- Choose a character encoding method for your file. Most users can accept the default character encoding.
- Click Next.
- Map your data fields to Salesforce data fields.
The Data Import Wizard tries to map as many of your data fields as possible to standard Salesforce data fields. If Salesforce can’t automatically map fields, however, you do it manually. Unmapped fields are not imported into Salesforce.
To see a list of standard Salesforce data fields, from Setup, at the top of the page, click Object Manager. Click the object whose fields you’re interested in, and click Fields & Relationships. For example, if you want to see a list of standard Salesforce fields for leads, click.
- Scan the list of mapped data fields and locate any unmapped fields.
- Click Map to the left of each unmapped field.
- In the Map Your Field dialog box, choose the Salesforce fields you want to map to and click Map.
- To change mappings that Salesforce performed automatically, click Change to the left of the appropriate field, then choose the Salesforce fields you want to map to and click Map.
- Click Next.
- Review and start your import.
- Review your import information on the Review page. If you still have unmapped fields that you want to import, click Previous to return to the previous page and specify your mappings.
- Click Start Import.
- Check import status.
From Setup, enter “Bulk Data Load Jobs” in the Quick Find box, then select Bulk Data Load Jobs.
This information is very useful to learn about Data Import in Salesforce.