In Salesforce, you can specify which currencies your organization uses, and individual users can apply specific currencies to their settings based on where they do business.
By default, Salesforce organizations use a single currency. Once you set the required currency locale in your company settings, all currency values on records display in that currency.
To enable and apply multiple currencies:
- From Setup search for Company Information in the Quick Find, then select Company Information.
- Click Edit.
- Check Activate Multiple Currencies.
Once multiple currencies is enabled you also:
- Activate additional currencies and optionally select a new corporate currency.
- Ensure users have correct personal currencies.
- Make sure users use the correct currency when creating records.
Once you activate multi-currency for your org, you can specify which currencies are supported by activating or deactivating them. No covert intelligence skills required, just a few clicks:
- From Setup, enter Company Information and click Company Information.
- Click the Currency Setup button. The Active and Inactive Currencies will be listed out.
In Active Currencies, click New.
- Select a Currency Type. Currencies are alphabetized using their ISO currency codes.
- Enter the conversion rate relative to your corporate currency.
- Specify the number of decimal places to display for amounts in this currency.
- Click Save.
To activate a currency from the list of inactive currencies, click Activate next to the currency. To deactivate one, click Deactivate and then OK.
Note: You can’t deactivate the corporate currency.