The Eclipse will the delete the trigger in the production or developer org or sandbox.
To install Eclipse -> Go to Eclipse webpage and download the related eclipse file for your system and extract the zip file. Refer the eclipse link below.
Step 1: Install the Eclipse and Open the Eclipse. Select the workspace by selecting the folder you prescribed for the eclipse to store the data.
Step 2: Install the Salesforce Force IDE to Eclipse by below steps:
- Select Help | Install New Software.
- Click Add. In the Add Repository dialog, set the name to com IDE and the location to “https://developer.salesforce.com/media/force-ide/eclipse45”. Now Click OK.
- To install an older version of the plug-in, deselect Show only the latest versions of available software.
- Eclipse downloads the list of available plug-ins and displays them in the Available Software dialog.
- Select Force.com IDE.
- If you want to install the Apex Debugger or our tools for working with Lightning components, select Force.com Debugger or Force.com Lightning Support.
- In the Install Details dialog, click Next.
- In the Review Licenses dialog, accept the terms and click Finish.
- If you chose to install support for Lightning components, Eclipse displays a warning dialog about installing software that contains unsigned content. We are bundling third-party plug-ins to support Lightning components. Salesforce doesn’t own these third-party plug-ins; hence, we don’t sign them. Click OK to proceed.
- Eclipse downloads and installs the Force.com IDE and the required dependencies. When the installation is complete, you are prompted to restart. Click Yes.
- When Eclipse restarts, select Window | Open Perspective | Other | Select Force.com and then click OK. You are now ready to develop and customize Salesforce applications in Eclipse!
Step 3: Now click on the Create new Java – EE. Now the Enter the Project name and Click Finish.
Step 4: Now Go to File | New | Force.com IDE Project. It open New Force.com IDE Project Dialog box.
Step 5: Enter the Project name, Username and Password of Salesforce account and enter the security token of your org and Click Next.
Steps to find the security token is below:
- Go to settings in your org. In the Search box find the Reset My Security Token.
- Click on the Reset Security token. Now the security token is received to your org mail id.
Step 6: Now select the selected metadata compounds radio button and click choose. Select the Classes and triggers folder and click Finish.
Step 7: Now select the Project name that displayed in the Project Explorer. Now select the src | Triggers.
Step 8: Now select the metadata in trigger folder. Named as “Trigger name”.trigger-meta.xml.
Step 9: Now the metadata is opened. Now change the status to Deleted and save the metadata file.
Step 10: Now select the Trigger and related metadata and right click it. Now select Force.com IDE | Save to serve. It will process and delete the trigger in the production.
This blog is very useful to know more about eclipse installation and trigger deletion.