Request an Email Log
With email logs, you can easily monitor emails sent through Salesforce in the last 30 days. It’s a cinch to request a new log at any time.
Follow the below steps to Request an Email Log,
Step 1. From Setup, enter Email Log Files in the Quick Find box, then select Email Log Files.
Step 2. Click Request an Email Log.
- Email logs describe all emails sent through salesforce.com and can be used to help identify the status of an email delivery.
- Email logs are CSV files that provide information such as the email address of each email sender and its recipient, the date and time each email was sent, and any error code associated with each email.
- Logs are only available for the past 30 days.
Once you clicked the Button “Request an Email Log”. You can see the below screen,
Email Log Request
- The requested log files will be returned as ZIP file containing a comma-separated CSV. Log files are limited to a length of 500,000 lines.
- Files greater than 64,000 lines are not be supported by Excel ® versions prior to 2007. To view additional lines, submit another log request with adjusted parameters.
Log Data Options
- The difference between the start time and end time of your request must be, at most, seven days. For any additional time periods, you should request another query.
- Logs are only available for emails that were processed within the past 30 days.Example if today is 12/11/2018 then Logs available for email processed within 10/13/2018 4:10 AM (PST) through 11/12/2018 4:10 AM (PST).
Step 3. Fill all the details and click “Submit Request” button.
Step 4. You can download it from your email.[Once the log file is available for download then the notification will be sent to your email id which is linked with your Salesforce account].You no need to check again and again in Email Logs.
Also you can download it from Email logs,
This training information is very useful to learn about how to get the email logs from salesforce.