Feed filters make it easy for support agents to see all updates of one type, such as all call logs or all email messages, when working with cases in Case Feed. By using filters, agents can find the information they need more quickly, without having to browse through each case event.
Adding Filters to the Case Layout Page
To add a standard feed filter to your case layout page:
- From Setup, enter Cases in the Quick Find box, then select Page Layouts.
- Click Edit next to the case page layout that you want to add feed filters to.
- Click Feed View.
- Scroll down to Feed Filter Options. Where it says Select Filters, you’ll see two lists: Available and Selected.
- Select a feed filter from the Available list and use the right arrow to move it to the Selected list. You can change the order of filters using the up and down arrows.
- Click Save.
Creating Custom Feed Filters
- From Setup, enter Cases in the Quick Find box, then select Feed Filters.
- Click New.
- In the Feed Filter Information section, enter the filter label, name, and description.
- In the Feed Filter Criteria section, define how to populate this filter. You can create more refined filters using the OR function.
- Click Save.
- After defining your custom feed filters, add the filters to the list of selected filters in the Feed Filter Options section of the page layout’s Feed View settings.
Feed filter in Case Object,
This blog information is very useful to learn about feed filters.