One of our valued customers uses Salesforce as their Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. Salesforce is a platform on which you can organize all of your business contacts, products, vendors, and their leads. They also do have a public site for selling their products online. It is built on a different platform altogether.
- A lot of online signups with the customer’s contact details (like First name, Last Name, Email and phone number, address, and company name) can occur on their company’s website on daily basis.
- Customer wants all the email sign-ups and online orders should flow to the salesforce to maintain their customer relationship to track the order history.
- They needed new solutions to integrate their public site into Salesforce in a secure way.
- This is where Salesforce Integration comes in. Each platform has its own way of integrating Salesforce pages. With Salesforce Integration, you can make data publicly available on a website, but only the data you choose to share.
- You can allow users on your public website to enter information and have that information flow directly and securely into Salesforce.
- The Force.com REST API provides you with a powerful, convenient, and simple Web services interface for interacting with Force.com.
- Its advantages include ease of integration and development, and it is an excellent choice of technology for use with mobile applications and Web 2.0 projects.
The REST API is accessible from any programming language, such as PHP, Ruby, .NET, or any other environment