Now it is here! Salesforce has introduced ‘Migrate to Flow (Beta)’, a tool to help organizations migrate their Workflow Rules to Lighting Flows. Workflow rules have been there for a while and all Salesforce implementations across the globe using it extensively. With retirement of Workflow Rules and Process Builders, Salesforce is giving us the tools we need to convert to Flows. However, Change is the only certainty” and the launch of a migration tool is the first step towards one such change.
Can migrate workflow rules that contain these items:
- Field-based criteria
- Field updates
- Email alerts
- Outbound messages
- Time-dependent workflow actions
- Rule criteria formula that’s set to true
Below are the steps for migrating:
- Login to Salesforce org as a System Administrator user and in the Home Page, go to setup and search for Workflow Rules in the Quick Find box.
- Under the highlighted section, you can see ‘Migrate your workflow to flows’.
- Click on ‘Migrate your workflow to rules’, then it moves to the next page. Certainly, where you can see the workflows available in your org. Choose any of the workflow rules and click the ‘Migrate to Flow’ button to see the same in Flows.
- Once the flow is created successfully and to see the actual flow, select the ‘Test in Flow Builder’ button.
- Upon clicking on that button, you will automatically be taken to the Flow Builder Tool where you can view how the workflow rule has been converted to a Flow.
Therefore, when you look at the above, it automatically matches with the record trigger flow. Once you double click the Record Trigger flow, you can view the complete details of the workflow rule here in this flow.
- You can also click on any element in this flow to see details about that workflow rule. Activate the flow once saved to see the exact results of the organization.